Friday, February 04, 2005

 

Groundhog week


I've only done these things once this week:
1. Entertaining an American colleague by taking him to see The Mikado at the Orange Tree in Richmond. I was at university with the guy playing Nankipoo, but his voice had nearly completely gone. It was more of a theatrical production than a musical one. There were a couple of good voices though. I like a lot of the songs (We are gentlemen of Japan / 3 Little Maids etc)but I wasn't sure about setting the whole thing on a cricket pitch. I don't think my guest was that impressed either as he is used to seeing the Philadephia opera. Pretty good for £11 though. And I managed to pick up some gossip about our American office.

2. Getting feedback about my interview the other week. The Sales Manager said he thinks I could do the account managing part well but slightly lacking in the conviction of being able to sell. Got to get a bit of practice selling. My citybitch tutelage continues!

3. Being tipped off by my manager about a job that might materialise in the US that I could go for. Princeton isn't much of a city but it's near New York so I could finish my cityB schooling there.

4. Rehearsing with Gabriel for my gig at Mum and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary.
This is my song list:
Lullaby of Birdland - George Shearing
Agua de Beber - Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes
Perfidia - Alberto Dominguez
Georgia on My Mind - Hoagy Carmichael

In France they Kiss on Main Street - Joni Mitchell
New Coat of Paint - Tom Waits
Moondance - Van Morrison
Stand by Your Man - Tammy Wynette and Billy Sherrill

5. Booking some tables at Cafe Kick in Shoreditch for my birthday. I've booked a Football table too. Kind of a Spanish / Brazilian vibe. Come along if you're in the hood: 5.30pm onwards.

Comments:
On your way to becoming an uptown CB. Maybe you'll nab a nice Ivy League boy who is destined to follow daddy into the law. Can we come come and stay in the house on the Hamptions when it happens?
 
Only if you wipe your feet.
 
Jason looks like a bit of a babe.
 
Ouí, si tu aimes les nerds.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?