Thursday, January 27, 2005

 

Social engagements of a CityB

Kim Cattrall was really great as the hospitalised car crash casualty in Whose Life is it anyway?. Very moving performance (I even cried a couple of times) and a brilliant, thought-provoking play. Eg: Should we be spending so much money keeping people alive who are so incapacitated that can't contribute anything to society when there are able people dying in Africa? Claire Harrison decides she does not want to go on living because she feels she would never be able to make anything of her life in her condition (severed spinal chord - bummer).
Unfortunately Brian Clark, the playwright was not at the theatre that night so my parents could not meet up with their old college friend but we caught a glimpse of Peter Hall.
I'm going to a pub quiz tonight in Hampstead, which is really quite the new thing, don't you know. I will be brushing up on my Shakespeare since I think that area will draw a more highbrow crowd than last week's lot (remember I identified the theme tune to Monarch of the Glen?) Better not disagree with the quiz master though, as this unfortunate learnt the hard way.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?