Monday, January 17, 2005

 

Glass buildings, high heels and the tube

I primarily created this blog so that I could add comments to another blog . However, I can see that this could be quite good fun and possibly quite addictive too (but more creative than playing spider solitaire - difficult level I might add).

"Why citybitch?" I hear you cry. I have noticed myself becoming increasingly more bitchy in the last 4 years and I blame this directly on the City of London where I have been working and commuting to since October 2000.

I still live in a village (quite a large village, but nonetheless with it's fair share of mud, horsey people and a crap bus service) but I believe day by day I am becoming more corrupted by the fast-living of the city. I have to admit that I love it though.
When I first started going up to London I would gesture for people to board trains before me, chat and give money to homeless people and I didn't care particularly about mine or other people's appearance. Now, I look into middle distance whilst digging elbow to get on the tube, ignore rough sleepers and have to get up earlier every morning to paste on make-up. Yesterday I made a conscious decision to be more "businessy" (which I am hoping is mainly going to involve a new wardrobe) in the attempt to forward my career.
Anyhoo, this blog could be a chance to network with other citybitches and get tips, to bitch / rave about the city but mainly to document my journey into citybitchdom.
Let me know what you think.

Here's an example of citybitch boots to be going on with.



Comments:
Am really pleased you have come to your senses - firstly in being a city bitch and secondly combining this with blogging.

I am very sure that the two will go hand in hand really well.
And don't forget ... take a camera with you, wherever you go.
 
Just remember CB, being a CB needn't limit one. Visit my blog to see how Nicki Lee copes.
 
Thanks 3 tĂȘtes and DrJoolz for such a warm welcome to blogging and to CB-dom. I hope we continue to cross paths in the course of our learning journeys.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?