Friday, January 21, 2005

 
Does anyone remember Jan Pienkowski's illustrations of "A Necklace of Raindrops" and other stories by Joan Aitken in the 1970s? I found this picture on the web today. Does anyone know where I can get posters of these silhouette paintings? Can only see the book on Ebay.

By the way, sorry to have abandoned you for the last few days but I've been a busy CityB. Just got back from talking to a mortgage advisor today. Apparently it's going to cost me £800 a month for a £140 000 flat. Might have to ditch the therapist once and for all then. I think I'm going to make an offer of £132 000. Is that too low? I don't have anything to lose, do I? I'm seeing the flat again tomorrow supposedly with dear Papa although since he made some rude comments about my driving this evening I'm not so sure I want him in the passenger seat on a 2 hour drive down there. I'll see if we're communicating in the morning.
Last night my team came 3rd out of 17 in a quiz evening for information professionals (people who make up the largest part of our clientele). They were all part of an organisation called SLA - supposedly Special Libraries Associations but more like Social Leper Academy. Mind you, I didn't appear particularly streetwise either as I correctly identified the theme tunes to Monarch of the Glen and Holby City. Just shows the extent of my Saturday night entertainment (hoping this will change with attainment of city pad although not much left over for living it up after £800 a month in mortgage repayments). I was quite glad that we beat our competitors at the quiz and also the Sales team from my company who I think recently turned me down for a job (awaiting confirmation). I was relieved that I had been saved from working alongside a bunch of thick people. They look nice though - the original citybitch look. Chat soon kids.

Comments:
Kool German doll site.
Re flat. Definitely put an offer in; I dont know how it works in London. Here in Sheffield there is a bidding system and properties ALWAYS go up in price. But in most places that is illegal.
Well done re quiz.
Sod it re job. Just don't let it put you off applying again I reckon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?