Sunday, January 30, 2005

 

Commutersville

The road from St.Pancras to the tube at Kings Cross - early evening:


I feel much more of a citybitch already with the imminent (I hope) exchange of contracts for my new pad in London. Everything's going to be so much easier once I move up there. Like the commute into work - only 30 minutes - compared with the current 75 minutes or 90 minutes coming home. My journey into work is worsened at the moment by the channel tunnel rail link they are building at King's Cross so you have to get out of the train at St. Pancras and walk to the tube at King's Cross and in rush hour there are about 1 million people doing the same thing so they close the doors to the tube and you have to queue outside. That's not to mention what it's like once you get into the underground station and try to get on a train. I would like take some photos of that to show you but I haven't got a camera yet. I don't want to spend too much money because I need it for the deposit on my house, my solicitor's fees and also my car is being serviced this week for the first time in 4 years (I forgot to take it in before) so I won't have a lot left after all that. This is my dream shopping list for when I do have some money:
1. Digital camera - maybe this one
2. sofa bed (FNF - for new flat)
3. wooden thing to put telly on (FNF)
4. pine double bed (FNF - first time I've ever had a double bed - rampant lovelife here I come!)
5. new faster PC so I can write songs, write my blog and swot up on my work from home

Comments:
Nice camera, if you are looking for a rampant love life then a hard wick bed seems appropriate. Would love to comment on the PC but the link is broken. A small blogging quality control problem?
 
Yeah but who are the guys in the shaggy coats?
 
If you're referring to the picture, they are the Thameslink street wardens, herding the commuters down the road. Link now fixed. Thanks.
 
Your Dad's dislike of courgettes has made my blog. Once you have your own pad you will be able to eat all the courgettes you like.
 
Since you live, or soon will live in the City CB, you can get the camera cheaper at Cameraworld in Wells Street. Check it out!
 
Thanks Trois-TĂȘtes - I will!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?